Whether crunchy and perfect for dunking or ooey gooey fresh from the oven, the chocolate chip cookie remains a classic dessert choice, making it the perfect option for celebrating World Chocolate Day. This worth-the-wait chocolate chip cookie recipe from GE is a batch made in heaven! Let’s bake!
Worth-the-Wait Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Directions
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl of cookie dough with plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for 24 to 72 hours. Again,it’s worth the wait!
- Drop the dough into 2-3 tablespoon-sized balls (about the size of a golf ball) onto the parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with a little bit of flaky sea salt if desired.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 350-degree oven, one sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Do you have the best chocolate chip cookie recipe out there? Share it with us at #cookwithwarners! Happy World Chocolate Day!