You need an air conditioning unit to save your own energy, but how do you save consumable energy?
Heat burns us out. We have to stay cool to maintain physical and mental health, but it’s hard to be comfortable when you’re stressing about energy usage.
Warners’ Stellian is an expert in heating and cooling, and we know some tricks to prevent energy bills from racking up. Now, we’re going to share them with you.
Before the season starts.
First of all, have your unit inspected and ensure it gets its maintenance each year. If it needs cleaning out, it will work 10 times harder to produce normal results. This is especially important if you live around trees.
You should also check your ducts to be sure the areas they cool are well insulated.
While your AC unit is running.
- Close the vents in the lower portions of your home. Colder air naturally accumulates in these areas. So when vents are closed, AC air flows down and pushes up the cold layer of air below. This allows cool air to circulate more effectively throughout the house.
- Sunlight gives direct heat when it beats in through the windows. Keep the drapes closed so the AC can do its job. This also encourages you to go outside more!
- Misplacement of furniture can block the pathways for which cool air travels through. Rearrange your furniture so that it’s not in the way of any vents.
- Remember that electric lights create heat. Try to keep them off unless they are needed. Another suggestion would be to switch to LED lights.
- Don’t underestimate fans. Fans will support your unit and help regulate air so it fills the room better. Fans do produce a cooling effect as well, so they can make an impact when your unit is running low or turned off.
- Learn to use the “sleep mode” properly. Some of us get hot in our sleep, but your unit should be turned down at some point to prevent overuse. It’s best to adjust to a cycle where the unit runs low when there’s no natural sunlight. If you currently don’t have this feature, you can contact your energy company to install a saver switch that will cycle your unit.
The heat is coming.
Warners’ Stellian is offering a pre-summer special for maintenance and inspection. We want you to be comfortable this summer, so we will make sure your air conditioning unit is running at peak performance levels.
Fill out this short form to set up an appointment today.