If you’ve been waiting to replace your washer or dryer, wait no further. Black Friday 2013 washer – dryer deals are here! If you’ve been waiting to do your laundry, apologize to your loved ones.
Here are the top 2013 Black Friday laundry pair deals in Minneapolis, MN:
Black Friday Washer Dryer Deal #1
Titanium colored LG front-load steam washer & electric steam dryer. SAVE $600 on pair. Final price: $899.99 each. (white $799 each)
Black Friday Washer Dryer Deal #2
Whirlpool Duet front load steam washer & electric steam dryer. Save $600 on pair. Final price: $699.99 each.
Black Friday Washer Dryer Deal #3
Samsung front-load steam washer & electric steam dryer. SAVE $600 on pair. Final price: $599.99 each.
Black Friday Washer Dryer Deal #4
LG front-load steam washer & electric steam dryer pair. SAVE $600 on pair. Final price: $599.99 each.
Black Friday Washer Dryer Deal #5
Whirlpool high-efficiency, top-load washer and electric dryer. SAVE $400 on pair. Final price: $499.99 each.
Black Friday Washer Dryer Deal #6
Amana top-load washer & electric dryer pair. SAVE $180 on pair. Final price: $599.00.
Plus, Warners’ Stellian always offers free, professional delivery and appliance recycling from a friendly crew you can trust to treat your home like its their own on purchased $499 and up. We will also handle basic reinstallation on refrigerators, ranges/stoves, washers and dryers — all you’re on the hook for are any necessary parts.
So many of us find ourselves wondering how to give a Christmas gift that really shows our significant other that we’re thinking of him.
So this year, why not get him what he really wants:
Men have long been obsessed with pitching in around the house, specifically with cleaning floors and upholstery.
Sadly, you think I’m being facetious — and maybe I am just a bit — but wrapping up a Dyson for this holiday season isn’t a bad way to get some help with your household chores. After all, it’s a not-so secret that Dyson was designed to interest men, what with the emphasis on power and technology.
Better yet, you can save big with Black Friday vacuum deals. Warner Stellian is offering 25% off Dyson vacuums on Black Friday (actually, you can start taking advantage online starting on Thanksgiving if you want to take a break from turkey and appreciation). Plus, all vacuums ship for free nationwide!
Which should you choose?
For a vacuum that looks like a power tool and competes against race cars, look no further than the DC34, which delivers 15 minutes of powerful, constant suction or 6 minutes on MAX power for tougher cleans. Dyson digital motor spins up to 5 times faster than a racing car engine. It has a lithium-ion battery that recharges up to 3 times faster than others with patented Root Cyclone™ technology for no loss of suction.
Pet hair, beware! The Dyson Animal DC41 was designed for pet moms and dads who love their dogs and cats but don’t necessarily want their presence found on every surface of the house.
Dyson DC41 Animal is a Dyson Ball™ upright vacuum with the latest Radial Root Cyclone™ technology. It generates the strongest suction power at the cleaner head, to powerfully remove dust, dirt and pet hair from the home. Includes a Mini turbine head to clean pet hair and stubborn dirt from upholstery, stairs and the car. Lifetime washable filter traps microscopic allergens.
If your situation is especially…hairy…upgrade to the DC41 Animal Complete. Dyson’s newest full-size Dyson Ball™ upright is engineered for outstanding cleaning performance, with extra tools for pet hair and ground-in dirt and comes with Dyson’s new Tangle-free Turbine tool. The Animal Complete has the strongest suction at the cleaner head, which automatically self-adjusts for different carpet lengths and hard floors.
Local customers can rest assured that we are equipped to service the vacuums we sell — whether its Dyson, Miele vacuums or Panasonic vacuums.
FACT: Modern washers are designed to clean in cold water and 90 percent of a washer’s energy goes toward the water heating. So by washing with hot water, you’re pouring money down the drain.
MYTH: You must rinse your dishes before they run in the dishwasher
FACT: Dishwashers and detergent clean best when starting with dirty dishes. The detergent needs food to activate and many dishwashers use sensors to determine the “turbidity” level of the water so if the dishwasher thinks the dishes are already clean, it will run shorter and colder.
Today, an Energy Star dishwasher uses only 4 gallons of water or less, and some estimates say you’ll use 20 gallons of water from your faucet pre-rinsing dishes. So it’s better to run the dishes through 4 times than to put them in rinsed.
MYTH: More soap = more clean
FACT: Just because dishwashers and washers now require less water to clean properly doesn’t mean that everyone has gotten the message to reduce our detergent use in conjunction. Too much dishwasher detergent can leave a white film on dishes and too much laundry detergent can cause oversudsing in the washer, reducing the performance and lifespan of a washer not too mention leaving soap residue on your clothes that didn’t properly rinse out.
MYTH: Using an old refrigerator as a second beverage refrigerator is a money-saving idea
I plugged in what I consider some common figures and found that the cost to a homeowner of a 20 year old top-freezer fridge (probably 18 cu ft) would be $620 over 5 years. A new Energy Star model costs about $40/year to run vs. $125/yr PLUS many local utilities will actually pay you $35 or more to let them come haul away your second refrigerator.
MYTH: Buying a more powerful A/C will cool down your space faster
FACT: The A/C will just cycle off more frequently when it reaches the temperature in the room, reducing efficiency, lifespan and causing uncomfortable temperature fluctuations. Buy a window air conditioner or room air conditioner that’s just right for your space.
MYTH: When the oven’s preheating chime sounds, it’s fully reached temperature
FACT: Some preheat chimes are on a timer so it shouldn’t be trusted for finicky bakers, who should test the temperature with a thermometer. For your everyday pizzas and casseroles, you’d be fine however.
MYTH: You don’t need to turn on your ventilation until there’s smoke
FACT: You should start running your ventilation 10 minutes before you start cooking to create an airflow and leave it running 5 minutes after you’re done for best results.
The Appliance Stimulus is back, at Warners’ Stellian through Sunday, March 3
Warners’ Stellian re-created the government’s Cash for Clunkers-style appliance rebate program that was so popular, it crashed the state’s website a few years ago. Not everyone got to take advantage of the limited rebates, and customer requests for similar savings was huge.
Plus, many needed new dryers, microwaves and ranges, which were excluded from the government’s program. Our event has become wildly popular, so we’ve made it an annual mainstay and continue to make it bigger each year.
Participating brands we are advertising: Bosch, Electrolux, Samsung, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, GE, LG, Bertazzoni, Liebherr, Capital, ULine, Asko, Speed Queen, Panasonic, Dyson, Blomberg and more.
Beyond the Stimulus rebate savings, there will be deep discounts on all categories of appliances. A few examples:
Frigidaire front load laundry pair for only $899 (regularly $1399)
KitchenAid stainless steel dishwasher for just $599 (regularly price of $999.99)
Save $1000 on a 4-piece stainless steel kitchen package (fridge, range, dishwasher, microwave) from GE Profile, now just $4249
Aggressive discounts on kitchen packages hope to encourage consumers to replace their existing refrigerators, ranges, microwaves and dishwashers all at once. For example, shoppers can get $1000 savings on a GE Profile stainless steel kitchen package, making it just $4249.
As always, local delivery (including free-standing appliance installation) and appliance recycling are free on orders $499 and above.
WHEN: Now through Sunday, March 3. Customers can reserve their rebate online
WHERE: Eight Warners’ Stellian locations, including our:
Warner Stellian and Bosch teamed up last month to offer one lucky winner a brand new iPad.
Bosch is one of those brands that comes out with just the coolest technology, like the InfoLight that projects a red beam on the floor so you know when it’s in use (because the dishwasher is actually that quiet). So we thought, what better to give a Bosch customer than a fancy new iPad?
And Mary Lou of Edina ended up being the exact sort of person you’d like to give an awesome prize to.
(I’m sure you’re not supposed to say stuff like this, but who cares…I liked her.)
Carla Warner visited KARE 11 News@4 on Monday to share some tips for making the most of your most-used kitchen appliances.
In case you missed us, here are those tips:
1. To get rid of that popcorn smell or other odors, squeeze a lemon into a bowl of water and boil it in the microwave it for several minutes. Allow the bowl to cool before opening the microwave door and then wipe down the interior with a soft cloth.
2. Take advantage of different power levels. Most people only cook using 100% of the microwave’s power and just nuke everything. But you can effectively use your microwave to soften and melt gently, too. To quickly soften butter, cook 1 stick for 1 minute on 10% power level.
1. A small amount of condensation on the fridge or freezer is normal, especially during humid weather and summer vacation, if you see more condensation than normal, check the seal (or gasket) for any obstructions and clear them. If there aren’t any, try moistening the gasket with Vaseline by rubbing a thin layer on the seal where it meets the cabinet of the fridge. This should create a stronger, air-tight seal.
2. Brands might create the perfect space for gallon-jug storage on your refrigerator door, but consider how quickly you will use highly perishable foods (like milk) before storing them here. Why? Consider the temperature fluctuations of this region of the refrigerator. Accordingly, produce like broccoli, asparagus and apples benefit from colder temperatures located near the rear, while corn and berries — for example — benefit from the warmest spot in the refrigerator, so choose those for the front. (Alternatively, fresh herbs like basil thrive in slightly warmer-than-fridge temperatures, so I keep mine in the door!)
3. Use your crisper. Those clear drawers in your fridge aren’t just for convenience. Many models allow you adjust the humidity of your crisper drawers to suit their contents. Consult your use & care manual for specifics on your model, but in general, separate your fruits from vegetables and set humidity to high for green, leafy vegetables and low for fruits and vegetables with skins. Meats should be colder – often just above freezing – so keep them in your deli drawer, which is usually designed to stay colder.
1. Keep your burner caps and drip pans clean. Maintaining a tidy cook surface isn’t just about impressing company. Dirty surfaces don’t reflect heat as well as polished surfaces, thus wasting energy and potentially your time. We sell range top cleaner made specifically for cooking surfaces that will help you keep your range or cooktop looking — and cooking — well.
2. Match pots and pans to the size of your burners
Unless you’re using an induction cooktop or range, you’re heating a lot of air while you try to heat your food. For instance, induction cooking – which only heats the cooking vessel and not the air — is 20% more efficient than electric and 70% more efficient than gas. To lessen energy loss, choose the appropriate-sized pot or pan for the size of burner you’re cooking on (i.e. don’t put a 1-qt saucepan on a ginormous “power burner”).
3. Cover your pots while boiling water
When you think about it, it makes no sense to boil water in an uncovered pot. Using a cover helps water boil faster while creating pressure and preventing evaporation. Saving lots of time and energy.
According to Google, inquiring minds want to know*: what’s the best dishwasher?
Well, if you read “leading consumer publications,” you already know.
Bosch Ascenta dishwashers were awarded the top rating and also called the best value in 2012 (speaking of value, Bosch dishwashers ARE 10% off in June — all of them).
But the cool thing about Bosch dishwashers is all that performance comes packaged in an award-winning design that also is recognized for its excellence in conserving water and energy (more on that next week).