It’s no secret that our energy consumption habits have changed substantially, and small wonder! There’s a lot more of us on this planet making do with the same amount of resources. It seems that hardly a day goes by without a newspaper or magazine article highlighting the dwindling of critical natural resources. It’s our responsibility together to ensure that we take the necessary steps so that the splendor of our planet is here for our children, their children, and generations to come.
Luckily, the burden does not fall on any of us alone. Even with seemingly small, insignificant steps, together on a large scale they add up to a world of a difference! Warners’ Stellian and its partners are proud of the fact that since 2000, refrigerators, dishwashers, and clothes washers have decreased their energy consumption by 43%. Simply replacing an eight year old washer along can save more than $60 in electricity costs and 5,000 gallons of water every year.
Even if your appliances are brand new, or you just haven’t quite made the decision on which new washer or refrigerator best fit your needs, here are a couple of energy savings tips that can not only put dollars back in your pocket each month but help our planet become just a little bit greener.
- Allow hot foods to cool before placing them in the refrigerator, and cover foods that may release moisture. This will prevent the compressor from working harder than it has to.
- Limit the opening of your refrigerator and freezer drawers. Use clear bags to quickly identify foods so that you’re in your refrigerator for as little time as possible.
- Avoid pre-rinsing and soaking dishes before putting them in your new dishwasher. Most new machines are substantially better at cleaning than older models.
- Use the air dry feature on your dishwasher rather than your heated dry for reduced electrical consumption.
- Use cool water settings whenever possible in your clothes washer to minimize your home’s hot water consumption.
- Clean your dryer’s lint filter every use to enhance airflow and maximize your dryer’s efficiency.
- Use this Energy Star calculator to determine the utility savings you could realize from a new refrigerator, and check whether your particular area qualifies for an Energy Star Rebate.
Whether planning the kitchen remodel of your dreams, or simply replacing a refrigerator whose years of faithful service have come to an end, make sure you consider Warners’ Stellian along with Energy Star appliances for your new purchase.