More laundry detergent does NOT mean more clean, especially in a front-loading high-efficiency washing machine.
High-efficiency washers use far less water by design than traditional washing machines. Less water and more powerful wash action means less dilution of detergent, leading to overproduction of suds.
High-efficiency detergent (or HE detergent) provides the just right amount of suds to ensure the cleanest clothes possible. HE detergent is labeled “concentrated” or “2x” oftentimes, and sports this symbol on its bottle or box.
Make sure to follow the instructions on the label based on load size. And not that tablet laundry detergent isn’t recommended by manufacturers because of issues dissolving in the washer dispenser.
If you don’t use HE detergent,Whirlpool Corp. warns of the following problems:
- Poor cleaning results.
- Detergent residue left on clothing.
- Washer odor due to sudsing residue.
- Wet clothes at the end of the cycle due to excess suds hindering spinning and draining.
- Leaking due to excess suds.
- Extended cycle times or excessive water usage from extra rinsing to remove suds.
- Error codes.
So remember, less is more.