Appliance specialist Joe Warner suggested this LG gas range for Carrie and Robert, who enjoy cooking and baking.
The DIY Network filmed again yesterday at our Warners’ Stellian Edina showroom, this time for “I Hate My Kitchen.”
Each episode, homeowners receive smart design help to maximize their budget to make their dream kitchens a reality.
>>See photos of the filming
It was fun to watch the crews document the shopping experience of our customers, homeowners Carrie and Robert.
Carrie and Robert are doing a “gut job” of the kitchen in their South Minneapolis home. (Carrie joked that she didn’t let Robert buy a snow blower last winter because she was so set on saving for their kitchen remodel!)
First, we learn about Carrie and Robert:
- They enjoy cooking (lots of soups!) and baking, and are ready to move from electric to gas cooking.
- While still a good size for a South Minneapolis kitchen (the home was built in the 1920s), they still want to maximize their space.
- The current dishwasher is too noisy and doesn’t really offer them much versatility.
- Carrie and Robert plan on spending a good deal of time in this current house.
- The appliances will need to complement custom cabinetry, new floors and counter tops.
Based on what he found out from Carrie and Robert, our appliance specialist (and my brother!) Joe Warner suggested the following:
LG 5-burner gas range in stainless steel (LRG3093ST)
Carrie and Robert currently has an LG ceramic top electric range. They like the brand, but want the power and responsiveness of gas cooking. The four main burners offer a range of temperatures, for a low simmer at 5,000 BTUs to a power boil at 17,000 BTUs — and the burners can all be rearranged. So, Carrie can simmer two soups on the back burners while using higher heat on the front-most burners. Also, the fifth burner offers a place to heat oblong pans or place a skillet for breakfast items. The heavy-duty grates offer a continuous surface to easily move pots and pans around.
The oven, with a gorgeous blue finish, is a big, 5.4 cu. ft. capacity, which can accommodate pretty much anything Carrie and Robert will throw at it.
Basically, I’m super jealous.
LG fully integrated steam dishwasher (LDF7932ST)
At 50 decibels, it doesn’t get much quieter than this LG dishwasher. It’s so quiet, in fact, that LED lights tell you when it’s operating and when it’s not. Adjustable racks will accommodate nearly any size pot or pan Carrie and Robert throw at it, and there are even wineglass holders (which Carrie noted will get plenty of use).
Steam bursts through hardened on messes for pots and pans, yet is gentle enough to use with those wineglasses.
Perhaps best of all, the fully integrated finish tucks away the control panel on top of the door and the stainless interior means Carrie and Robert can enjoy the looks for a long time.
How gorgeous is that? Robert and Carrie like this model because:
- An automatic ice maker means Robert can retire that title from his own name
- The freezer on the bottom configuration and wide, two-door refrigerator allows for plenty of eye-level fresh storage within easy reach
- The shallow, counter top-depth maximizes the space in their 10′-12′ kitchen
I’m so excited for Carrie and Robert to get delivery on the appliances they picked out. I’ll post pictures afterward in a couple weeks, but unfortunately, we’ll have to wait until the episode airs in September for the big reveal of their custom kitchen remodel.